Wednesday, December 03, 2008

CELCOM 3G AND HSDPA IN DAMANSARA KUANTAN


Mobile internet anyone? Since using a smartphone for 4 years, i need to have an always stable GPRS line with me. I have been subscribing to an unlimited package since then. For the last 3 years, i am using Digi EDGE as my primary line together with the RM66 unlimited data package. But ever since a few months ago, this digi edge has becoming unstable. I couldn't get signals or no EDGE in certain areas. As you know, Digi coverage is not as good as other telco coverage. Since I also don't have any internet line at home, i also need to have another unlimited data package for my kids at home. I noted recently, probably since October 2008, Celcom has increased its 3G coverage in Pahang. My house has already been covered with 3G. I don't want Streamyx or Slowmyx, have bad experience with them. Very unstable line. Digi has been very slow to increase its coverage in Pahang, it is still GPRS at home. Due to this, i terminated my supplementary RM33 SIM for data with Digi and subscribed to the Celcom 3G line at RM68. This is for use at home. My children don't need the HSDPA speed. However sometimes, we got the HSDPA signal at home. Thumbs up to Celcom in Pahang. Thumbs down to Digi in Pahang.

No comments: