Thursday, August 14, 2008

MONEY PROGRAMME FOR MAC

This is a problem when using a Mac. There is no Microsoft Money for Mac version. There is Quicken and Splashmoney for Mac. Tried them both, quite similar with the Windows version. I easily import the data from Microsoft Money via this method.

First i did a final sync of my Microsoft Money data into SPB Finance in my Treo 750v. Then from the Treo 750v, I export the data to a QIF file. Then from either Quicken or Splashmoney, the QIF file can be imported into both of them. However final editing need to be done for the initial balance of each account, that is to balance out the accounts. This is the first part.

The second part is to find a programme which can sync either Quicken or Splashmoney to my Treo 750v. Sadly, there is NONE. Full stop. I am very sad.

So, in the end, i continue to use SPB Finance in my Treo 750v with no sync option with an QIF file and email it into my backup gmail account.

Still hoping someone will make a programme to sync.

Very sad.

2 comments:

:) said...

Have you tried Money? A programme for personal financial management. Not sure if there is any mobile version.

drzalie said...

TQ. Will take a look at it. As for now, will be using Microsoft Money and SPB Finance from my Windows XP Pro in Macbook (Boot Camp).