Thursday, August 14, 2008

MIGRATING DATA FROM MICROSOFT OUTLOOK TO MACBOOK

I am now starting to be a Mac user after all these years of being a Windoze user. Fell in love with Mac, after only 1 week. After a long thought, decided to completely be a Mac user. However i have a problem. I need to transfer my Microsoft Outlook data into Ical and address book for Mac. Searched a few forums and discussion and finally found a solution. Let me share how i do it here.

For the contacts in Microsoft Outlook, I installed Mozilla Thunderbird first. Then import the contacts using Thunderbird from Outlook. Then export all contacts to *.ldif file. Take the *.ldif file. Use the Mac address book to import the *.ldif file into your address book. Microsoft Entourage can sync with the address book, if you decided to use Entourage later on.

For calendar, first sync the Outlook with the Google Calendar using Google Calendar Sync. Then open manage calendar and choose the calendar in Google Calendar. Find ICAL in the option. Right click on ICAL (the private calendar part), and save the data in your PC. Take that file into your macbook. ICAL can import that file. Microsoft Entourage can sync with ICAL easily, if you decided to use Entourage later.

However if you are very lazy to do all this, just buy OUTLOOK2MAC, for USD10. It can do it all for you.

Next is for me to find how to transfer my Microsoft Money data to Mac. That would be another headache.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Some time ago my sister said me about one nice history.Her boyfriend had got a lot of corrupted mails.And for him helped-how to view .ost file.This tool recover their.Moreover after this history program helped me too.Tool made it for free and I knew that it can extract a list of files in such formats, as: *.eml. *.vcf and *.txt.

Annie said...

Those things mentioned in your article are excellent. Before shopping for an application, people must try it by downloading a tryout version. The application must be trustworthy enough to ensure that it retrieves data on very first try or else it can cause harm to data beyond data recovery.
repair pst tool