Sunday, February 08, 2009

NOKIA 6151 SOFTWARE UPDATES

I have been using a Nokia S40 phone now as my primary phone with my Digi line. I took it from my wife who has upgraded to a Symbian Nokia N85. Since I took over the phone, I noted that it has been buggy with the SMS centre always missing. So I decided to upgrade the phone software using the Nokia Software updater. However I need to buy the cable which is the CA-53 model, since bluetooth cannot be used for the updating process. The updating process only took less than 15 minutes.

The updated software repaired the missing SMS centre and the MMS. However i noted that i cannot install the GMAIL java application which resulted in 'invalid application' post installation. Googled a few websites and found the solution here. I need to download directly the GMAIL java app using the Nokia Web browser using this URL : (http://m.google.com/app/gmail.jad?dc=gorganic&ver=v2.0.6). Post installation it works as before. This is maybe due to a buggy jar app downloaded directly from m.google.com.

No comments: